Naming of this mask is inspired by the traditional Japanese garment
A traditional Japanese garment and the national dress of Japan, an interesting fact about Kimonos is that they tend to be more popular among women than men, because the men styles and colors are more conservative!
In contrast, the women have a greater variety of colors and patterns to choose from. However, it is an illusion of choice, as the patterns and colors are closely linked to the seasons. Therefore, do take note of understanding what colors are associated with which seasons or you might risk being frowned upon by locals who view tradition with importance!
There are also kimonos for different events and formalities. One, like the plain iromuji (色無地), are solid-colored kimonos typically used in tea ceremonies and semi-formal events. Women are sometimes criticized for not wearing age-appropriate colors even!
Interested in understanding more about how colors, patterns, seasons, and events tie in together through the Kimono? Reach out to us to satisfy your curiosity and plan your next destination, and hopefully, we can help you avoid making cultural mistakes!
[Japan] - Blue Kimono
- Pattern Fabric: Printed pattern with gold layer on premium cotton.
- Inner fabric: Premium Muslin
- Thread: Gold threading
- Ear Loops: Black elastic band
Size - Suitable for ladies (20cm (w) x 12cm)
Hand sewn in Singapore.
- Non medical reusable mask, washable and reusable with additional filters.
- Breathable cotton with inner premium muslin lining with 2 sided filter slot for added protection.
- Adjustable ear loops for size & comfort for custom fit.